Saturday, May 16, 2009

just another day in Italy....

Yeah right!  It was a postcard perfect kind of day. I still can't believe I am in Italy.  Yesterday was pretty laid back, which was helpful.  I still can't get this sleep thing figured out.  Around lunch time yesterday, I was exhausted and ready to sleep.  But when it was actually time to sleep....I couldn't!  I think I finally dozed off around 2 am only to wake up at 6 am.  Today is going to be a tourist day for us, so hopefully I will be able to stay awake.

The first thing we did yesterday was tour our villa.  AMAZING!  They showed us areas of the house that ranges from 150 to possibly 400 years old.  This house has a wine cellar, olive press room (neither of which are working today), a chapel, multiple garages, and multiple bedrooms.  

We had two sessions yesterday afternoon.  One was about wellness within ourselves and our clients and the second was about alternative therapies.  They were both interesting and I learned a little more about myself and the counseling process.    Later in the evening, probably when I would typically be planning dinner (5:30ish), we went on a walk.  It is crazy to me to see how many people have vineyards.  They are everywhere! The land is simply breathtaking and to be honest, pictures do not do it justice!  Dinner was minestrone soup and bruschetta (which is pronounced bru-ske-ta).  The food here is wonderful!  I understand why people think about food when they hear the word Italy.  After dinner, we had a brief Italian lesson.  It was a little difficult to squeeze by southern accent into some of the Italian word, but overall it isn't a difficult language.  The best part is that in Italian you pronounce every vowel!  So with my name the E would be spoken.  Although Claire translates to something different in Italian.  I am going to ask our host, Dr Krieg, what it is and will post later.

Today we are off to Pisa and Lucca!

No comments:

Post a Comment