Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Florence pictures

My camera died about half way through the day so I had to borrow a different camera.  So these are just a snapshot of yesterday morning.

Pointe Vecchio- Medieval bridge over the Arno River, in Florence, Italy, noted for still having shops built along it, as was once common. Butchers initially occupied the shops; the present tenants are jewelers, art dealers and souvenir sellers. It has been described as Europe's oldest wholly-stone, closed-spandrel segmental arch bridge.

Duomo Cathedral in Florence
Read more... http://www.destination360.com/europe/italy/duomo.php
(sorry I don't know how to make that a link, you will need to type it in)


Picture taken while I was on the Pointe Vecchio (Italian for Old Bridge)

1 comment:

  1. Claire,
    Those are so beautiful!!! Are you having such an amazing time??? I'm sure you had rather be here seeing day tx kiddos!!! :)

    ReplyDelete